Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Growing up in San Diego I always had tons of questions about Mexican culture. Now, I know where to find some answers.
Thursday, February 16, 2006
- I skip the peppers since my family does not like it very spicy. I substitute a Szechuan Style Pepper Blend mixture for the peppers.
- I add minced garlic to the sauce recipe.
- I double the sauce mixture because I like to eat it over rice.
I'll deep fry the chicken earlier in the day so all I have to do later is add the sauce.
Adding the sauce.
Yum--All I need is a bowl of white rice and I'm good to go.
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Sunday, February 12, 2006
I had a little cell phone trouble today. I wonder if Telecom folks at work will be able to fix my "little" problem. I think it may DOA and beyond their expertise.
I thought I remembered clipping it to my pocket before heading out the door this morning. Next thing I know, I'm at church thinking I'd better silence my phone when it is not there.
Sadly, I did find it on my gravel driveway, lying there in cell phone silence, never-more to ring again in this life. It seems my phone couldn't keep quiet in church and made a break for it when I wasn't looking. However, before it could ring triumphantly in freedom it landed in the path of destruction. In a contest of gravel, electronics and tire treads, the cell-phone always loses. What else is there to say when your number is up?
Tomorrow I will bring its pulverized remains back to the land of Telecom and see if another valiant phone is ready to take its place.
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Its my turn in this blog-chain. If I break the chain will I have X days bad luck? Better not take the chance.
Four jobs I've had
- Data Warehouse Developer (Computer Programming)
- Shaping test explosives for Airbags
- Youth Pastor
- Lifeguard & Swimming Instructor
- Sandpoint, ID
- Moses Lake, WA
- Rock Hill, SC
- San Diego, CA
Four TV shows I love
- Star Trek the Next Generation
- Cebu, Philippines
- Oregon Coast
Four of my favorite dishes
- Steak & Baked Potato
- Lasagna & Garlic bread
- Chicken Fettuccini
- Chicken Fried Steak
- Weather Underground
- At home with my wife & Family
- In the woods—hunting or camping
- That all the people I know with Blogs